Friday 21 November 2014

8. I Got A Woman. Ray Charles. January 1955.
It is claimed that Ray Charles invented soul music when he combined jazz, gospel and blues and if this is indeed the case, then 'I Got A Woman' is the record on which he unleashed his creation. A great rollicking rocker of a record that features Charles' gospel inspired piano combined with a voice blasted from the depths of Hell in order to find its place on a more righteous path. 'I Got A Woman' caused a furious backlash from religious nuts who claimed that Charles had taken the word of God and blasphemously turned them into a dance record.
'I Got A Woman' made Charles enough money to buy his first Cadillac and a new one every 12 months for the next five years.
Ray Charles - I Got A Woman enjoy : )
YOUTUBE.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment